[Digikam-users] Acces to network unit

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 24 11:58:45 BST 2014

On Wednesday 24 September 2014 08:30:04 Josep Huix wrote:
> Dear sirs,
>
> I'm trying to add an network directory to album's on digiKam.
>
> I understand the solution that you explain in your FAQ's, but I can't do
> this because I have a lot of doubts and i don't Know to use the terminal
> well. I'm a recent Linux user, and I'm not very good using terminal.
>
> The instructions that I'm trying to use are:
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-bugs-dist&m=117536777106366&w=2
>
> Then please, can you explain How to do this, but for explained for
dummies.

Do note that the instructions you link to are very old (2007) and for an
old version of Digikam (0.8.0...).

In Digikam 3.5, the setup dialog has two relevant tabs:
- one to indicate where Digikam should store its databases, that location
cannot be on a network share
- one to specify collections, and in my version one option there is
collections on a network share (NFS?).

Would that solve your problem?

Remco