[Digikam-users] Searching images on usb disks

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Sep 20 17:55:24 BST 2014

Le 20/09/2014 18:38, Marina Ciatta a écrit :

> @jdd
>> that said, the database is that, a data base and it should be possible
>> to read it directly with scripts, specially in read only mode.
> Oh God, you're killing me !
> I am totally unable to do such stuff. My only programming skills are to setup
> my coffee machine to start at 7 a.m. :)

depending what you want. If you only want to search the database, you can
provably use:

http://sqlitebrowser.org/

> The suggestion is to build local copies of all images on all usb disks,
> with very reduced size versions to save disk space.

you said "What is expected is to be able to search the database on keywords
and technical hints on images. No images edition is necessary."

sqlite browser should give you the answer

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org