[Digikam-users] how to browse a (image) directory on my harddrive - not possible - i only can view certain "albums"

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 14 16:46:41 BST 2014

On Sunday 14 September 2014 17:01:35 Martin Kaspar wrote:
> hello
>
> i wonder why i am not able to browse and view images in digicam that are
on
> my drive
>

> see the path
> home/my_name/images
>

> why am in not abe to browse the drive - with folders that contain images?
>
> need your advice
>
> in other words: the question is:
>
> how to browse a (image) directory on my harddrive - not possible - i only
> can view certain "albums"
>

> btw - i run version 3.5 - is this the newest?
>
> love to hear from you

First of all, when 'replying' to a message, you might want to remove
everything not relevant to your question/reply...

Second, with Digikam, you have to tell it where to find your images:
use the "Settings"->"Configure digikam" menu item, and then go to
"Collections" in the left column, and click "Add Collection" on the line
with "Local Collections". Then select the proper folder where you have
stored your images (highest level, subdirectories will be automatically
included and presented as 'albums'). As digikam will need to scan that
directory to to find all images, it doesn't just use the whole hard disk.

3.5.0 isn't the newest version, but still very useable for browsing a
collection and edit some images. The newest version is 4.2.0, but for me it
(still) has several problems while editing images.