[Digikam-users] Digikam on Mint 17 after update

Mark Fraser mfraz74+kde at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 06:17:38 BST 2014

On 3 Sep 2014 14:38, "Philip Johnsson" <philip.johnsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark and others,
>
> If you haven't found a solution on how to get digikam 4.2 working with
kde 4.14 on (k)ubuntu 14.04.

> Yesterday I uploaded digikam 4.2 on my kubuntu-backports PPA which is
built against the kubuntu teams backports PPA with KDE 4.14 for (k)ubuntu
14.04. If you use the kubuntu teams backports PPA you can use my
kubuntu-backports PPA to get a working Digikam 4.2. You also need my
"extra" PPA with updated opencv etc. If you don't use the kubuntu team
backports PPA then you should not use this other PPA of mine...

> Regards,
>
> Philip
>

> On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Mark Fraser <mfraz74+kde at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On Saturday 16 Aug 2014 13:57:51 Philip Johnsson wrote:
>> > My digikam packages in my "extra" PPA is built against KDE 4.13.x that
>> > comes with (k)ubuntu. To work with any 3rd party source with upcoming
4.14
>> > that is in RC state then the packages need to be rebuilt against them
>> > work but will in that case not work with the standard kde that comes
with
>> > (k)ubuntu 14.04 instead. Need two different PPAs with build against the
>> > different KDE versions if that should work.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Philip
>>
>> Suppose I'll have to choose between having KDE 4.14 with digikam 4.0 and
KDE
>> 4.13 with digikam 4.2 for now.

Thanks Philip, it works 😊.