[Digikam-users] Some errors in Batch Queue Manager

Jan Wolter jan.wolter at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Sep 1 22:57:03 BST 2014

Hello,

the last two weeks, I played and tested a lot with the Batch Queue
Manager: I added different tools, compared their behaviour with the tool
in the corresponding single edit mode and I saved different workflows
and took a look on the saved queue.xml file under
~/.kde/share/apps/digikam/. I guess that 99% of the tests showed the
expected results; but nevertheless, I found 3 errors/problems, which I
will describe below.

I am using digikam 4.1, which I have compiled from source on my Linux
Mint 17.

It would be nice, if the following problems could be fixed. Is it
necessary to report the problems on the KDE bug tracking system to get
the problem solved?

CURVES ADJUST:
When I add the curves adjust tool to the Batch Queue and create a curve,
it will not be saved in the queue.xml file, as you can see here (no
values for the different channels are saved):
<tool>
             <toolname value="CurvesAdjust"/>
             <toolgroup value="3"/>
             <index value="0"/>
             <version value="1"/>
             <parameter type="bool" value="true" name="curvesDepth"/>
             <parameter type="int" value="0" name="curvesType"/>
             <parameter type="QPolygon" value=""
name="values[AlphaChannel]"/>
             <parameter type="QPolygon" value=""
name="values[BlueChannel]"/>
             <parameter type="QPolygon" value=""
name="values[GreenChannel]"/>
             <parameter type="QPolygon" value=""
name="values[LuminosityChannel]"/>
             <parameter type="QPolygon" value="" name="values[RedChannel]"/>
         </tool>
The problem becomes visible for the user, when digikam is restarted (and
therefore, the workflows get loaded from the queue.xml file): Open Batch
Queue Manager and reload the workflow that contains the curves adjust
tool. Then your defined curve is lost and the only default curve is shown.

B&W CONVERT:
Here is a similar problem as in the adjust curves tool: the luminosity
curve is not saved in the queue.xml file.

LENS AUTO-CORRECTION:
When the radio button "Use Metadata" is selected, the set of corrections
(chromatic aberration, vignetting, color, distortion, and geometry) that
could be applied to a picture can be selected via radio buttons as well.
But independent of the selected set of corrections, in the queue.xml
file they are all marked as true:
<tool>
             <toolname value="LensAutoFix"/>
             <toolgroup value="4"/>
             <index value="0"/>
             <version value="1"/>
             <parameter type="bool" value="true" name="filterCCA"/>
             <parameter type="bool" value="true" name="filterCCI"/>
             <parameter type="bool" value="true" name="filterDST"/>
             <parameter type="bool" value="true" name="filterGEO"/>
             <parameter type="bool" value="true" name="filterVIG"/>
         </tool>
And when I deselect the "Use Metadata" button, the radio buttons to
select the corrections are grayed out. I wonder if this is the correct
behaviour. I guess that the corrections should be selectable by the user
independent of using manual setting or metadata information.

It would be nice to get some feedback to my report.

Best regards,
Jan