[Digikam-users] Not all images displayed in thumbnail view

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Thu Oct 23 12:19:39 BST 2014

Gilles,
I noticed a strange behavior of DK 4.4.0 on my system: several images of
a sub-directory (sub-folder) are not being displayed in thumbnail view,
others are. Rescanning or rebuilding thumbnails in the relevant folder
did not solve the problem. Also rebuilding the entire database (sqlite)
was not successful. I had renamed a few of the images outside of DK
using the Unix "rename" command after DK's initial read in of the
images. Could that have caused the problem? My understanding was that DK
at each opening of a sub-folder rechecks the content of the folder
against the database entries and corrects the database if necessary? Am
I wrong on this or what might have caused the problem? What can I do to
force DK to display thumbnails of any image in any sub-folder?
Best, Robert