[Digikam-users] impact of restructuring collection, was: Re: Excluding directories from colection

Boudewijn Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 19:36:56 BST 2014

Hi Jan,

On Tuesday 21 October 2014 17:47:13 Jan Wolter wrote:
> you can exclude an folder from being displayed in digiKam when the
> folders name starts with a dot. In your case, e.g.: ".myMountPoint"
Thanks for the tip.

Making the directory invisible in the filesystem defeats my purpose of mounting
the directory inside the root of my collection. Now I think of it, I could
exclude them by tagging them 'ftp' or 'published', and always filtering on
'does not have tag "ftp"', even if it is some more work.

Any idea how restructuring the collection would impact those tags that are in
database only?
I guessed I'd have to add a new collection '/collection/1995' and move photos
from collection '/collection' album '1995' into it, to let DigiKam track the
tags associated with an image. When I tried it, it turned out I am not allowed
to add a collection that is a directory contained within another collection.

Best regards,

Boudewijn