[Digikam-users] writing keywords in hierarchical way in IPT field

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 10:12:27 BST 2014

I check your 2 files tagged with PixVue :

[gilles at localhost PixVue]$ exiv2 -px DSC_1608.JPG
Xmp.photoshop.Headline                       XmpText    22
 trancheDeVie_LaMorlais
Xmp.photoshop.City                           XmpText     6  Liffre
Xmp.photoshop.State                          XmpText     2  35
Xmp.photoshop.Country                        XmpText     6  FRANCE
Xmp.photoshop.DateCreated                    XmpText    10  2014-02-22
Xmp.xmpMM.DocumentID                         XmpText    60  pixvue.com:
docid:pixvue:602307b8-7fb2-4ef0-9ad4-16e002b26047
Xmp.xmpMM.InstanceID                         XmpText    41
 uuid:3df17e57-b2e4-4e15-9994-d824c1cd51df
Xmp.xmpRights.Marked                         XmpText     4  True
Xmp.dc.title                                 LangAlt     1
 lang="x-default" élagage au jardin
Xmp.dc.rights                                LangAlt     1
 lang="x-default" © GJJ
Xmp.dc.subject                               XmpBag      2
 Evenement/élagage, Lieu/lieu-dit/La Morlais

[gilles at localhost PixVue]$ exiv2 -px DSC_6310\
\(2010-12_Promenade_pointeDuGrouin\).jpg
Xmp.photoshop.Headline                       XmpText    24
 Promenade_pointeDuGrouin
Xmp.photoshop.City                           XmpText     7  Cancale
Xmp.photoshop.State                          XmpText     2  35
Xmp.photoshop.Country                        XmpText     6  FRANCE
Xmp.photoshop.DateCreated                    XmpText    10  2010-12-29
Xmp.xmpMM.DocumentID                         XmpText    60  pixvue.com:
docid:pixvue:392ec023-d941-493c-a33e-055692e0cd6f
Xmp.xmpMM.InstanceID                         XmpText    41
 uuid:1c1b13c7-fc0a-4d80-9b46-cf3c127bf8a9
Xmp.xmpRights.Marked                         XmpText     4  True
Xmp.dc.title                                 LangAlt     1
 lang="x-default" un oiseau
Xmp.dc.rights                                LangAlt     1
 lang="x-default" © GJJ
Xmp.dc.subject                               XmpBag      2
 Evenement/vacances de Noel, Personne/famille

Both use Xmp.dc.subject to store tags paths separated by '/'.

I think this way is wrong. LightRoom (and digiKam) do not work like this.
Both store keyworks composing tags path in this field, not the full tags
path as well. Ex :

Evenement, vacances de Noel, Personne, famille

LR and digiKam store tags paths  into Xmp.lr.hierarchicalSubject as for ex
: Evenements|WE_Pentecote|smalaINSA taken from your 3rd file.

digiKam store tag paths into a dedicated digiKam XMP namespace tag
named Xmp.digiKam.TagsList as for ex : Evenements/WE_Pentecote/smalaINSA

So, if i change the rules over Xmp.dc.subject to import tag paths following
PixVue model, i will break compatibility with LR...