[Digikam-users] usb collection

Antonio Trincone antonio.trincone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:35:03 BST 2014

I believe that if you tell to your system about auto-mounting the drive,
next time it will be sufficient to get it ON and then start digikam with
all things working. Please pay attention, my database is not running on the
usb drive but in my home directory. That's the way my system works.

> Hello,
>
> I have many photo collections on a 4Tb external usb drive.
>
> This one is only mounted when necessary.
>
> 1) unlike Dolphin, Digikam is not able to mount the drive "on demand" I
> have first to open any folder in dolphin, then start digikam.
>
> 2) Digikam starts scanning all the disk collection automatically, even
> when there is no change. This takes around *one hour*!
>
> is there a way to prevent digikam from scanning the disk?
>
> thanks
> jdd

*Antonio Trincone*
http://publicationslist.org/antonio.trincone