[Digikam-users] How to use alternative versions of OpenCV and Exiv2?

Piter Dias piter.dias at piterdias.com
Tue Oct 14 02:01:32 BST 2014

Guys,
Trying to compile digiKam 4.4 under a recently built Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS I got stuck on OpenCV and Exiv2 upgrading.
Both packages are originally installed under /usr using apt-get. Compiling new versions, using default options of both, installs under /usr/local.
digiKam cmake scripts are not able to find the newly compiled versions. Is there a way to solve this without compiling to OpenCV and Exiv2 /usr? I don't want to override original packages because most of packages I use come from Canonical repositories anyway. It seems to be easier for me.
Of course I can change my mind as a last resort by if there is another way..
Thanks a lot,

_____________________Piter Diaspiter.dias at piterdias.comwww.piterdias.com