[Digikam-users] RAW file preview using embedded JPEG ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:11:05 BST 2014

Can you share with me a set of CR2 files to test here ?

Note :

- Yes there is a cache mechanism. The problem is not here.

- Raw preview extraction are managed by Exiv2 in first or Libraw,
depending of image size extracted. If Exiv2 return a smaller image
than screen size, Libraw is tried.

Code relevant of preview extraction from file is here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/threadimageio/previewtask.cpp#L204