[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.4 installing libkipi.mo files

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Oct 13 08:31:46 BST 2014

Hi list,

I built digikam 4.4 on archlinux using a PKGBUILD script found on
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/digikam-devel/.

The script is pretty simple:

build() {
  cd $_appname-${pkgver/_/-}
  mkdir build
  cd build
  cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
  make
}

When installing the package, the package manager complained that
/usr/share/locale/<mylang>/LC_MESSAGES/libkipi.mo already existed, so I had to
force the install.

Is it correct that digikam should install that - or rather those files, there
are one for each language? It comes with libkipi I believe.

Apart from that, digikam 4.4 runs fine on arch linux :-)

Kindly,
Anders