[Digikam-users] RAW file preview using embedded JPEG ?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Oct 11 12:54:30 BST 2014

Am 11.10.2014 um 13:35 schrieb Gilles Caulier:

>> Is there a way to tell digikam to display the JPG embedded in the RAW file
>> for this type of preview instead of actually trying to render the RAW data ?
>> In my Canon camera, this embedded JPG is 1600x1200 which is enough as a
>> preview for sorting, discarding photos and deciding which deserve to be
>> developed ...
>>
>> I've looked through the settings so I don't think it's possible ... if you
>> confirm it, I'll open a wish for it.
>
> No need. this is how RAW file are processed in background. This is how
> the RAW workflow must be done.
>
> To resume RAW is not JPG. If you want JPG rendering, shot in JPG, not in RAW.
>
> There i no way to reproduce the complex camera firmware post
> processing into RAW decoder (libraw).
>
> Gilles Caulier

This is why I let my cameras make raw and jpg. For the selection work
the jpg's are way enough good.

Gilles, I think you misunderstood. Vincent does not want to change the
raw workflow, but have a possibility to see larger displays of the
embedded jpg. For selection purposes there is no need to start
processing each and every image, when in the end most of them are never
used/processed...

Daniel

google+: https://plus.google.com/109534388657020287386