[Digikam-users] Fix for MySQl problems.

eric e.longuemare at laposte.net
Wed Oct 8 22:50:38 BST 2014

> . All correct.
> > >
> > > I can tell you I've been using mysql with digikam since it was first
> > > made available with know problems. Also I know a bug report was
> > > opened on this problem by someone else.
> > >
> > > I run mysql on localhost, no network access. Let me know what other
> > > information I can provide or tests I can run.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Russ

> Thanks for the responses. As I am the only user at this time have all
> privileges including grant. I don't think the number of sessions is a
> problem.

Hello again,

Digikam doesn't use one session but open as many as it needs or as it
may use, especially when you start digikam in one big album, at least
one for data, and one for each picture thumbnail. It's not (only) a
question of remote network and users number.

So, bad parameters, and particulary not enough sessions in mysql conf
freeze digikam (if you have hudge image folders and only one user). I
have tested it with 3.5 and 4.0.? .

Greatings,

Eric