[Digikam-users] Mailinglist still working?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:16:08 BST 2014

My goal is not to respond to all messages in this mailing list.

My priority is to maintain application. This want mean to code, guide
others developers, to plan release.

For ex, next 4.4.0 is planed to be packaged this evening with more
than 50 bug closed.

Another ex, is about redundant messages. Today someone has posted a
mail about IPTC and tags. This is a question where i already responded
a lots of time : IPTC is obsolete and replaced by XMP due to serious
limitations (ASCII char only string size limited).

I will not respond again to this kind of questions. I lets other users
respond. This is the goal of community after all.

Remember too that mailing list is archived and open through a web
interface to search old topics. Someone who want to post a message
here must look in first older messages to reduce duplicates post.

Best

Gilles