[Digikam-users] writing keywords in hierarchical way in IPT field

Georges Joseph JOULAUD georgesjoseph.joulaud at orange.fr
Wed Oct 1 22:05:00 BST 2014

Hello,

I start to use Digikam (3.1.0 on KDE 4.10.5 with Mageia3) to tag my
photos in place of Pixvue and I would like to know how to write the
Digikam selected keywords available in hierachical way to the IPTC
keywords field keeping the same hierarchical way by using slash (/)
character as separator.

exemple :
I tag a picture with  my keywords animals -> birds -> swallow available
in hierarchical way on the rigth side of Digikam with parents keywords
selected
and I would like to fill keyword IPTC field with only
"animals/birds/swallow"
and not as independant keywords "animals, birds, swallow" as it acts
actually

1- note that it is filled in XMP field using | as separator

2- note I used the slash separator (/) because I remember previous
Digikam version proposed it and then I used this method with pixvue
software to emulate this hierarchy.

3- note that reading back a picture tagged in this way generate the
expected hierarchy where final keyword is selected but not the parents
keywords.

Sorry if I'm not clear

Regards
Thanks