[Digikam-users] digiKam 4.0.0 hanging after checking "ICC repository" in OSX 10.10

Phil philtuckey at free.fr
Sat Nov 29 10:59:46 GMT 2014

Gilles

On 29/11/14 11:26, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm new to digiKam and the listserv.  After doing a fair amount of research
>> to find the best open source photo management tool to use on a few machines
>> running Xubuntu 14.04 and OSX 10.10, I've settled on digiKam.  The excellent
>> tutorials from http://ninedegreesbelow.com/ describing how to use digiKam
>> for digital asset management were a big part of my decision.
>>
>> Installing digiKam on Xubuntu 14.04 has been very simple.  No troubles at
>> all.  But installing digiKam on OSX 10.10 has been a little difficulty.
>> Here's what I've done:
>>
>> 1.  Installed macports
>> 2.  Ran 'sudo port install digikam' to successfully install digiKam (see
>> install log http://bit.ly/1xTvZDw).
>
> No. Macports team is late to update digiKam under OSX. It still 4.0.0.
>
> I use digiKam under my Macbook (in parallel of Linux of course). Here
> i use current code. This is my tutorial (just updated) :
>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/entry/README.MACOSX

Do you really install the +debug versions of the dependencies, as stated
in README.MACOSX?
In project/macosx, macports-install.sh does not use the +debug flag for
the dependencies, but BUILD.txt still says to compile dK using debugfull.
I ask because I once did install the dependencies using +debug and then
could not compile dK. After reinstalling the dependencies without
+debug, I could compile dK (with debugfull).