[Digikam-users] CR2 to JPG

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:22:57 GMT 2014

You can't just update libraw to make it work with digikam. You also need to
rebuild libkdcraw against it and then rebuild digikam against them both...

/Philip

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Sébastien Vallet <seb.vallet at laposte.net>
wrote:

> Simon,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> Yes your are true, it seems that libraw supports the canon 100D since the
> 0.15.0 revision (released may 2013 http://www.libraw.org/news/
> libraw-0-15-0)
> And I use the outdated ubuntu 12.04...
> I will try to install the updated libraw to fix this issue.
>
> Thank you for your support.
>
> Sebastien
>
> Le 27/11/2014 23:51, Simon Cropper a écrit :
>
>  Sebastien,
>>
>> If you look at this post...
>>
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1009934.html
>>
>> ... it suggests the was encountered a few years back and was fixed.
>>
>> I have checked the raw conversion program (DCRAW) and it supports your
>> camera. I can then only presume that you are using out of date software or
>> software using older versions of the RAW libraries (i.e. prior to your
>> camera being supported by the LibRAW/DCRAW libraries).
>>
>> Look at the LibRAW version (Help > Components Information), it should be
>> 0.15.4 and Digikam should be 4.5.0 or something similar. If you have older
>> versions you will need to upgrade to at least a version that supports your
>> camera.
>>
>> On 28/11/14 09:22, seb.vallet at laposte.net wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Simon,
>>>
>>> Thank for this tip.
>>> It generates a JPEG file but unfortunately the image looks like pink
>>> filter, the colors are altered and are not good like I can see in
>>> Digikam preview.
>>>
>>> More details :
>>> The CR2 image looks good in Digikam album viewer
>>> The CR2 image looks bad (too pink) in Image Editor
>>> And the JPEG image generated by your solution looks like in Image Editor.
>>>
>>> Thank you,

>>> 4. Select any other adjustment required then RUN Batch Queue (top left