[Digikam-users] Can't import from Canon EOS 7D

Victor Engmark victor.engmark at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 22:50:22 GMT 2014

How to reproduce:

1. Start Digikam 4.5.0.
2. Plug in and turn on camera
3. Click Import -> Canon Inc. Canon Digital Camera (auto-detected)

After point 2, I get the following message twice from Digikam core:

Digikam::DigikamApp::checkSolidCamera: Solid returns unsupported
driver handle for gphoto2

After point 3, I get the following message and no import window appears:

Failed to detect camera with GPhoto2 from Solid information

Mounting the camera and copying the images manually works fine, but
I'd very much like to continue using the excellent automatic creation
of directories on import. As a corollary, would it be possible to
create another Import menu entry to import files from an arbitrary
directory as if it was from a camera? That would also be extremely
helpful for example to change the directory structure of an already
existing photo collection.

Running Arch Linux.

Cheers
Victor