[Digikam-users] Manual crop after rotation does not crop to selected area

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Wed Nov 12 08:24:45 GMT 2014

Hi,

maybe as another kind of workaround:

Have you tried tried
    Transform -> Aspect Ratio Crop...

If you set "Aspect ratio: None" you can set the croping area
like with the area select tool. If you use keyboard
shortcuts to open this tool, it is very handy.

This way you avoid save and reopen, which might take some
time and theoretically means a bit quality loss (if you save
to JPG).

I'm still at digiKam 4.2.0. So I can't really confirm this
as working workaround, but just to share the idea.

Regards,
	Peter Albrecht