[Digikam-users] Changing from sqlite to mysql

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sun May 25 16:14:40 BST 2014

Le 25/05/2014 16:52, Dr. Martin Senftleben a écrit :

> I don't want to lose any of what I've done so far, so I better stick to
> the current setting and hope it gets stabilized or mysql becomes reliable.

mysql is much harder to backup and restore than sqlite.

I do not have as many files as you have... only approx 40.000

what I coiuld do is create xml sidecar files for tags. It's pretty easy to
backup these files only (text, small) before testing I guess it may also be
faster to write.

depending to sqlite database size it should be possible to store it in ram (or
cache it to ram)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org