[Digikam-users] Aw

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat May 24 05:10:29 BST 2014

> Hi Gilles,
>
> After converting from RAW, I try to make adjustments.
>
> The preview images have a diffetent size than the "before" image, I use mouse
> over switch.

I use it too here. Look screenshot taken here, with 100% zoom. I
raised up sharp effect to see effect applied to image (with noise
rejected of course). It's a 16 bits color depth RAW file processed on
my double WQHD screens

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/14255714125/

> After using sharpen, the image I can see is awful - looks like a 100 px blown
> up to my 1600px screen. I have not been able in the short time I tried, to see
> a good looking image after the sharpening, so I see the function as broken. It
> may be that it works in the image file, but I need to be able to review my
> changes...

Sharpen tool can be simple sharp, unsharped mask, or refocus. Which
one do you use ?

Note : i never seen this dysfunction here. I already seen a
dysynchronization between before and after preview, in 5% use cases. I
don't  yet found where is the problem.

> These two things alone is enough that I decided to go back to 3.5, because I
> could not get on with my task - processing   images. With 3.5, I can.
>
> It does not help that it works for some, so if there are things I can do to
> help identify the bugs, let me know.

Share with me RAW file to try to reproduce the problem here...