[Digikam-users] digiKam 4.0.0: What does Tag Manager actually do?

Dmitri Popov dmpop9mm at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 10:16:06 BST 2014

Thank you for your reply, Veaceslav!

Best,

Dmitri

On Friday, May 23, 2014 10:32 AM, Veaceslav Munteanu <veaceslav.munteanu90 at gmail.com> wrote:
Before Tags Manager, tags sidebar had no support for multiple tags,
and everything  that was needed for fast managing (multiple delete,
multiple drag-n-drop) was missing.

When I began  to implement it, instead of doing my custom tree with
all options from above, I decided to modify existing (and went through
hell because of amount of work to port everything). So with 4.0.0 tag
sidebars are much cooler, and it looks like Tags Manager is useless.

I took a look in users wishes and some of them have more than 10k of
tags. Quick Access List form Left is a way to mark only needed tag
nodes and display them, also sidebar from right allows you to fast
edit properties without clicking on tag, then Properties, than press
OK to close.

Later other users requested fast tree expand and I also added them on
tags sidebars.

And finally, because of KDE suddenly decided to drop Nepomuk, Tags
Manager lost another 2 sync options.