[Digikam-users] 2 problems tagging multiple images

Phil philtuckey at free.fr
Thu May 22 20:05:48 BST 2014

If dk is using the exiv2 I have installed from MacPorts then no, 3.5.0,
4.0.0 and 4.1.0 are all using the same version (0.24), I have compiled
them all recently.

Because of what I wrote below, it looks as though there is "random"
corruption in metadata by the time it reaches the place in libexiv2
which is generating the error message. This corruption could be
happening within libexiv2, or it might be in dk before giving the data
to libexiv2.

When we select and tag many images, does dk give libexiv2 the tags only
once and a list of images to apply them to, or does it give the tags
separately for each image? In the first case, any corruption must be in
libexiv2. In the second case, it could be in libexiv2 or dk. (I'm not
used to looking through complex code bases, it will take me some time
just to find where this is happening...)

Philip