[Digikam-users] DigiKam 3.4.0 Memory Problem

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Thu May 22 13:07:40 BST 2014

On Linux Mint 16 running DigiKam

Version 3.4.0
Using KDE Development Platform 4.11.5
16Gb RAM 40Gb swap space

Start Digikam, all seems normal, memory usage looks about right
Tag a single face and the memory usage steadily increases over the next
few minutes and keeps increasing, using all of the RAM and well into the
swap space so that the whole system comes to a halt.
If I close DigiKam the window closes but the process continues to run
and the memory usage continues to increase. If I end the process then
the memory is immediately released.

This does seem to be reproducible.

Any ideas what could cause this? Is there anything I can do to provide
more useful information?

Thanks
Mick