[Digikam-users] digiKam 4.0.0: problems with resize and sharpen

Anders Stedtlund falolaf at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:04:18 BST 2014

Hi,

I have tested digiKam 4.0.0 for some days now and I have found two problems
that might be related in some way.

First:
After resizing an image to lower resolution, zooming the image does not
work as expected. E.g. zoom to 100% shows the image in original size with
visible artifacts, just like a low res image has been upsized.

Second:
When sharpen an image, which is zoomed in to not fit the windos, the
before/after images don't show the same area of the image which makes it a
bit problematic to preview the result. If trying to drag the sliders to
make the before/after match, then most of the time the proportions of the
after image is very strange. If the image is set to fit the window it all
seem to work.

Now I don't know if they are related but they both have to do with zooming
it seems.

Anyone seen this or are able to reproduce?

My setup:
openSUSE 13.1 x86_64
KDE 4.11.5
digiKam/kipi-plugins 4.0.0 (Built by me)

/Anders