[Digikam-users] Digikam on Kubuntu Trusty

Philippe Clérié philippe at gcal.net
Mon May 12 21:20:40 BST 2014

I am getting pretty discouraged with Digikam on Kubuntu. 3.3 from
precise-Kubuntu-backports was unusable: most editing functions I use
simply did not work. Ï have upgraded to Trusty (digikam 3.5) last week.
While the editing functions are now back to normal, I am experiencing
numerous crashes: I have not been able to keep digikam open for an hour
at a time.

At the moment I have not identified a pattern. I have had crashes:

- while changing from one album to another;
- while applying tags to 3 to 6 photos at a time;
- while approving edits in the editor;
- while saving to new file after edits;
- while returning from the editor.

However, a cursory look at the bug trackers don't show anything I could
quickly identify with. So maybe I am experiencing a local issue.

I have not tried any other distribution. I just don't see why, say
Fedora, would package a version that does not crash as much. It's the
same source code. Right?

Anyway, I was wondering if there are others seeing this sort of thing or
whether I am all alone out there?

Thanks

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>