[Digikam-users] Tagging deletes image-clueless

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sun May 4 13:35:09 BST 2014

On 05/04/2014 07:59 AM, ARKPhot wrote:
> I have experienced the problem with both png and jpg, wait a mo...yep tifs
> are affected too. Just tried with .jp2 and actually saw the tagged image in
> album view for a split second before it got lost.
>
> Very strange

Just from curiosity, what happens if you write to an XMP side car file
instead of directly to the image?

"Settings/Configure/Metadata/Behavior/Reading and Writing Metadata",
check "Read from sidecar files"
and also check "Write to sidecar files",
and choose "Write to XMP sidecar files only"

> I tried every imaginable search throughout the whole
> system: Gone. This is reproducible.

Have you done a command line search to verify that the disappearing
images really are gone and not just invisible to digiKam/KDE?

Elle Stone