[Digikam-users] Tagging deletes image-clueless

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun May 4 08:42:30 BST 2014

> I thought so too, but then what happens?
>
> The IMG just seem to drop out of existence, there's no entry in history
> about a changed file, nor any other hint about anything being done to it,
> it's just missing.
>
> Funny that I should be the only one, I wonder what I must have done to the
> system that it behaves so cruelly...
>
> Could that be related to the SSD in a way?

It can be material failure...

To be sure, and to have the exact condition of dysfunction, i recommend :

1 to switch on/off metadata writing options to see the difference. If
no metadata are touch in image, file is not modified physically (only
DB). So file must still here as well.

2 You said that it's happen in editor, not album GUI. Both use same
interface to tags. There is no code difference. All is factored.

3 turn on debug statements in console through kdebugdialog (debug
space "digiKam", "KExiv2", etc...) and run digiKam from CLI to see all
debug message during dysfunction...