[Digikam-users] getting started with digikam

snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 30 13:08:13 BST 2014

G'day Thomas, seems we have similar setups - and issues - as new users.
For the tooltips problem, go to Settings > Configure digiKam ... >
Miscellaneous and change the Widget style to "Cleanlooks".
Not great, but readable at least.

As I am still deciding if digiKam is what I want, I only have less than 5
thousand photos - doing thumbnails *is* slow, but CPU seems to be the
issue for me rather than RAM. DigiKam never seems to use more then 2
threads (I have an i7, so 4 cores hiperthreaded). There may be a tweak
for this, but I haven't had the desire to chase it yet.

Cheers ....