[Digikam-users] DigiKam in Windows 7 - not working...

Fabian Frank fabianfrank at greenmail.cc
Wed Mar 26 12:08:05 GMT 2014

Hi Hans,
thanks for your hint...I just tried it in a different folder - no luck :-(

Any other idea?

IT is so strange. After starting digiKam the HD is working quite a bit.
The Task manager is showing some work - but no process or something
which gives a hint to digiKam. After some seconds the system is on idle
again - nothing was shown or displayed.

Best.
Fabian

Am 25.03.2014 18:28, schrieb Hans Muecke:
> Am 25.03.2014 11:19, schrieb Fabian Frank:
>
> Fabian ... other than the place of installation (do not install it into
> "Program Files") I can't think of any reason. I have it installed on a
> Win7 Pro and it works fine ...
>
>> Hi all,
>> I hope this is the right place to ask my question - I could not find a
>> forum for DigiKam :-(
>>
>> I am trying to run DigiKam on my Windows 7 32bit box. Sadly it is not
>> working.
>>
>> I used this installer:
>> http://download.kde.org/stable/digikam/digiKam-installer-3.4.0-win32.exe
>>
>> The installation went smoothly. When I try to start the Program, NOTHING
>> happens. No Splash-Screens - not error message - nothing?!?! The HD
>> works a little but nothing is displayed.
>>
>> What I tried:
>> - Disable Firewall, Disable Virus scanner before installation.
>> - Removed the Program and reinstalled it.
>> - Removed every file I could find which looks like digikam.
>>
>> Does anybody has a hint where to look for a fix?
>> Any Idea?
>>
>> I really would love to try this program.
>>
>> Thanks very much for the help.
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Fabian

Arcantus Musikproduktion GbR