[Digikam-users] Selecting photos issue

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Sun Mar 23 18:28:18 GMT 2014

Having managed to convert my wife to Linux and getting her to use
Digikam I just had her yell at me because she lost selection of some 200
photos she wanted to export to a memory stick so they could be taken to
the print shop.

What happened was that she selected all the photos she wanted by using
the + sign at the top of each thumbnail, then by accident she clicked in
a space between photos and the selection was wiped out. OK not a big
problem if it is only one or two images but when it was 200 out of 400+
it becomes an issue. It is particularly easy to do this when using a
laptop touchpad (which we were).

Now on the program we used to use on Windows there was an option which
could be set on any thumbnail which effectively meant it was 'selected'
but which was not reset unless you went to a menu item to 'de-select'
all the photos, merely clicking elsewhere would not reset any
'selection' This was extremely useful even for both of us because there
was no way to accidentally de-select the images.

Is it possible to do this in digikam today and if not could some feature
like this be added please?

Stuart
--
Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk