[Digikam-users] Nikon RAW support

snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 23 07:23:06 GMT 2014

O.K., I give up.
Took a RAW shot with the D70 after it had recharged over-night. Imported it directly from the camera - no problems. Gimp (ufraw) could also deal with it. Likewise a copy saved to a USB thumb drive from the XP computer after opening in the Nikon software.
Thought it may have been PEBKAC as I had mass renamed everything, including the nefs, prior to importing originally in digiKam. Deleted all the files on the disk (including the digikam .db files), and reloaded everything without renaming. Now the nefs from the USB drive show up with icons, and when selected the embedded jpeg is displayed. However when I attempt to use the editor, it still moans and refuses to load it. Likewise gimp, so I'll consider this as dodgy files and close this thread as I have "fine" jpegs of all the shots.

Thanks for all the help.