[Digikam-users] Nikon RAW support

snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 13 07:14:08 GMT 2014

New user - needing a (different) photo organiser, so trying digikam for the first time (under Cinnamon not kde on Mint 16).

So, loaded up a few thousand old photos - looked good. Except ... digikam is unable to load nef from my old D70. The jpegs are fine.
Went and grabbed a nef from my D7000, and digikam can handle that ok.

Loaded the D70 shots under Nikons Capture 4 (an old Windows XP box I'm decommisioning - the source of these shots) and they load (and look) fine.

Searching didn't show anything obvious - anyone willing to hazard a guesss at what may be wrong - that I can fix ?.

Thanks ...