[Digikam-users] Wrong aspect ratio for videos / Maintenance usability

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 12:31:08 BST 2014

> Hello Gilles,

>>> Nobody?

>> From an album, select all item and go to Caption and Tags right
>> sidebar. On the bottom there is a drop down menu with option to
>> re-read metadata
>
> thanks for that hint. I didn't know that.

>> nothing. It's to process items from virtual albums.

> I don't think that it works as expected or at least not as I expect
> it. Or I simply don't get it right.
> a) If I set a folder (=album) *and* a tag then the maintenance tool
> uses every file it finds in that album. I expected that only files
> tagged with the given tag are processed.
> b) If I set "any albums" and a single tag I expect that all files that
> are tagged with that tag are processed. But they aren't.
> Also tried using DK4.0.

I will take a look. Sound like a wrong binary operator beween P an T
albums selection...

>> Perhaps it's already reported to bugzilla. not sure...
>>
>> Gilles Caulier

> Any ideas what's wrong here?

By displayed, you want mean preview using embeded video player ?

If yes, preview is delegate to KDE phonon component which use backend
in background to play video content (as GStreamer for ex).

Phonon is just a software component that we use in digiKam. There is
no phonon code in digiKam. We embeded widget, and pass video file url
when it's need (+ some control feedback). That all.

Gilles Caulier