[Digikam-users] Tags and everything related to them

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Thu Jul 24 16:55:21 BST 2014

Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> digiKam always write tags in XMP, into dedicated "digiKam" namespace.
> >>
> >> After to write and read, as this XMP namespace is the first checked to
> >> sync database, other and old place in exif, iptc or xmp where tags are
> >> recorded must be ignored.
> >>
> > Well that's pretty much useless IMHO, what happens when you move some
> > images to other places?
> >
>  >what happens when you move some images to other places
>
> ??? places ? What do you mean exactly ? Album ? if yes, this have no
> effect on tags.

I mean other applications.  Digikam isn't the only program in the
world that uses tags on images.  By creating its own little private
place to keep tags it means it's never going to cooperate with other
programs using tags.

I mean what about images which one transfers to a web page and/or web
gallery?  They use tags too.

I understand it may be difficult but without the ability to manage
tags in such a way that other programs can see and use them then they
are fundamentallyy useless (for me anyway).

--
Chris Green
ยท