[Digikam-users] Demosaicing doesn't use certain methods

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 18 12:41:04 BST 2014

On Friday 18 July 2014 12:11:56 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Go to Help/components info dialog. What libraw pack status said ?

LibRaw 0.15.3, nothing more.

The library file (libraw.so.9.0.0) shows the following symbols:
_ZN6LibRaw15lin_interpolateEv
_ZN6LibRaw15vng_interpolateEv
_ZN6LibRaw15ppg_interpolateEv
_ZN6LibRaw15ahd_interpolateEv
_ZN6LibRaw19ahd_interpolate_modEv
_ZN6LibRaw18afd_interpolate_plEii
_ZN6LibRaw15vcd_interpolateEi
_ZN6LibRaw17lmmse_interpolateEi
_ZN6LibRaw16es_median_filterEv
_ZN6LibRaw17amaze_demosaic_RTEv

(internal references to the different demosaicing routines, I guess)

> > (I stopped using 4.1/4.2 for now due to other issues with it, notably
> > related to the scaling misbehaving in several tools).
>
> Which one ?

Worst is in Refocus tool, in which I set magnification to 100%. There,
preview 'after' didn't even show the same area of the image as the 'before'
view...

In general, all tools start up with a magnification of 16%, where the
'normal' view (scaled to available space) is 37 % for landscape images (and
this is what the main window was set to, and at which I left the tools on
exit).
Resizing to full view size seems to work (I didn't test the other tools
with different magnifications).

Remco