[Digikam-users] Digikam Face Detection does not work for me

Am Tresen Am.Tresen at gmx.de
Tue Jul 15 06:48:18 BST 2014

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, so maybe somebody can help me.

I'm running Digikam 4.1.0 on Debian Sid if that is of any matter.

So, here is what I do: I start digikam, go to the Persons tab on the
left, click on "search for faces", set it to "merge" (but I have tried
all 3 options already out of pure desperation). I set the search options
to "all collections", "all tags", and the search quality to 100 (slow).
Digikam does not show any results after scanning my images for about 2
hours then, no matter if I ran face-detection or face-detection and
recognition.

Thanks in advance