[Digikam-users] database upgrade, was: DK 2.6: tags sqlite --> jpg (no go)

Boudewijn Kranendonk w_b_kranendonk at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 22:32:32 BST 2014

On Monday 07 July 2014 17:25:48 maderios wrote:
> On 07/06/2014 12:03 PM, Boudewijn Kranendonk wrote:
> > Digikam 4 has troubles reading the 2.6 database. I hoped that
> > "Settings/Database migration" would help me out, but it can't read the
> > 2.6 database either.
> >
> > Any suggestion? Is an db-upgrade-script available?
>
> I had the same problem, I solved it this way:
> First, I run DK 2.6 (sqlite) with only xmp sidecars read/write tags (no
> exif, no iptc tags)
> Then I installed DK 4.0 and I sync from images metadata to new database
> (sqlite).
> It works

Hi Maderios,

Thanks, I haven't tried the sidecars yet. I will try something in that spirit.

Did you write metadata to exif/iptc later on? That is my goal: I like to use
the jpg-versions of the photos as "sidecars" to the raw images.

I also make it more difficult than is necessary, because I don't have an upgrade
path of DK on one system. I got this ancient version running "stable" on one
system, and DK4.0 on another system.

It will be a couple of weeks before I continue solving my puzzle: I go on
holiday with only a minimal IT department :-) In case I found a way to reach
my goal, I'll post back.

Best regards,

Boudewijn