[Digikam-users] database upgrade, was: DK 2.6: tags sqlite --> jpg (no go)

Boudewijn Kranendonk w_b_kranendonk at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 11:03:15 BST 2014

On Saturday 05 July 2014 11:02:32 Peter Mc Donough wrote:
> Am 04.07.2014 22:14, schrieb Boudewijn Kranendonk:
> > ... I use 2.6 on Debian Wheezy. For a while I have turned off
> > writing metadata to file, to speed up tagging photos.
> >
> > I intended to use "Image/Write metadata to image" afterwards. Now it
> > turns out I can't get Digikam to write the tags from sqlite to jpg using
> > that function. ...
>
> Probably a version issue
> I presently use digikam 4.1.0 with openSuSE 13.1.
> I don't know much about Debian, but I think you can find that digikam
> version for your system.
Has the database scheme changed between DK2.6 and DK4.0?

The desktop that doubles as fileserver runs Debian stable, and with
dependencies as they are, it is difficult to get it to DK4 without leaving
stable.

My laptop runs Debian testing, with DK4. I copied my digikamdb from 2.6 to the
approprate location on the laptop, with the photos mounted at the appropriate
places as well.

Digikam 4 has troubles reading the 2.6 database. I hoped that
"Settings/Database migration" would help me out, but it can't read the 2.6
database either.

Any suggestion? Is an db-upgrade-script available?

Best regards,

Boudewijn