[Digikam-users] digiKam Software Collection 4.1.0 is out...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 17:55:34 BST 2014

> On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 17:39:27 +0100
> Mick Sulley wrote:
>
>> I'm running Mint 17
>
> I don't know what the details are for adding an appropriate repository
> to Mint, but there may be a 3rd party one that keeps up to date with
> digiKam releases. Has Mint released digiKam 4.0.0 yet?
>
> I started huilding it for Fedora, but it looks like I need to update
> opencv before I can get it to compile. That isn't a simple process...

yes, if you look to README, i updated dependency to OpenCV to last
stable 2.4.9. When i hack libkface about face management, i see
previous OpenCV crash violently OpenCV 2.4.6 here officially with
Mageia4)

So i updated myself opencv until 2.4.9 to see improvements, and last
stable out in april is better.

note : digiKam will compile with previous version of OpenCV, but i
recommend to update this library...

Gilles Caulier