[Digikam-users] Can't Install on MAC

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 15:55:50 GMT 2014

Before to use "port install" command, you need to setup macport properly :

> sudo port -v selfupdate

And after you can install digiKam :

> sudo port install -v digikam +debug

This can time few hours, depending of your computer and internet connection.

To complete, initialize KDE and Dbus services.

> launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
> /opt/local/bin/kbuildsycoca4

digiKam must be available on Applications/Macports/KDE menu of your
Apple computer and ready to use...

Best

Gilles Caulier