[Digikam-users] Managing Old Photographs

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Sun Jan 26 16:32:40 GMT 2014

In my album I have pictures that I have scanned in from slides,
negatives and prints, some pictures are over 100 years old.  The exif
data is the time/date of scanning, so in calendar view they show up for
that date.  What I would like to do is to bulk edit the exif creation
date so that I can at least set the correct year (or my best guess at it
anyway).

Is there any way with DigiKam or any other package to perform bulk edit
of exif data?  I know that I could edit them individually but there are
a lot, so bulk by year would be a very good start.

Does anyone have any other clever way to deal with this sort of issue?

Thanks
Mick