[Digikam-users] Arrange photos in calendar mode by create date

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Sat Jan 25 23:06:04 GMT 2014

OK so doing as Marie-Noelle suggests corrects the image dates.

However (unless I have missed a setting somewhere) the calendar display
is still wrong when under some circumstances. Allow me to explain... I
have a Folder (Album to digikam) the date of which is 28/08/2013 but it
contains photos which are as early as 01/01/2013 and as late as
26/08/2013, this folder is displayed later in the year display than
folders of an earlier date containing photos from February 2013.

It seems to me that there is an assumption that the folder date will be
at least as early as the first photo contained therein. This maybe true
if a collection is generated by importing photos into digikam but not
always as the photos themselves maybe old. Also almost certainly not the
case where an existing set of photos which were managed outside of
digikam exist and digikam is merely pointed at a set of pre-existing
folders.

To my mind the calendar display should always display the photos from
every album in date order irrespective of the album date. If the album
needs to be identified it should be done by an option when right
clicking on or hovering over the image. At the very least this method
should be an option when using the calendar display.

Stuart

Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org