[Digikam-users] Arrange photos in calendar mode by create date

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sat Jan 25 17:29:18 GMT 2014

On 01/25/2014 12:09 PM, Stuart T Rogers wrote:
> Marie-Noelle thanks for the advice.....
>
> Well I'm having to do that for a huge number of photos. Considering this
> is a new digikam install and a first time adding the photos to a new
> database I am puzzled as to why it has not loaded them correctly first
> time. This was a new install on a new hard drive of Fedora 20 64bit with
> digikam 3.5.0.
>
> Stuart
>
> On 25/01/14 14:59, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
>> Select the pictures that have a wrong date, then Image ->
>> AdjustTime&Date. In the box that opens, select EXIF:original as
>> Timestamp used, and check whatever you want as Timestamp Updated.
>> You need at least Digikam timestamp so Digikam DB will be updated.
>> Then Apply.
>>
>> Marie-Noëlle

Stuart, you might find this page useful:
http://perlmaven.com/image-exiftool-how-to-change-file-creation-date

The topic is using exiftool to change the file modify date to the create
date. This is a command line tool, to be used with caution because it
can do bad things very quickly if misused (practice on throwaway files).
But once you know the right command exiftool can take care of thousands
and thousands of file dates very quickly. So if you are not averse to
the command line, it's an option.

Here's the exiftool home page, which has a link to the forum:
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/