[Digikam-users] How to copy (or export photos to external hdd?

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Wed Jan 22 15:55:04 GMT 2014

I love digikam but the one thing which is missing for me is an easy
method to select photos from an album and copy them to a USB stick,
which is not attached to digikam as a removeable album, to give to someone.

I know I can select the photos and copy them and then paste into the
stick using Dolphin but that means copying small numbers of files at a
time as it uses memory. I may have quite a large number to copy and I
feel it would be useful if such a plugin or batch option could be added
to provide this function. I often need to copy maybe 100 or 200 photos
to pass on to someone and emailing is not an option for that number of
files.

Have I missed anything? Is there already an easy way to do this which
does not use copy/paste and does not need the USB stick added as an album?

Stuart
--
Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org