[Digikam-users] File weight different in Digikam than in other file management tools

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 21:52:44 GMT 2014

Hi Gilles,

In fact, the choice is not mine: I was requested to upload a picture with
the largest dimension equal to 1024px, and picture weight less than 300Ko.
So I had to run the JPEG conversion several times, decreasing the quality
every time, in order to satisfy the maximum weight.
And once I had succeeded in going below 300Ko, I discovered when uploading
that it was still too much...

2014/1/20 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

> Hi Marie Noelle,
>
> This is certainly compression setup.
>
> digiKam has a common settings panel for saving image :
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/12057207215/
>
> For JPEG, you have quality. Set it to 100 to have the best result.
>
> 2nd setting is Choma sub-sampling. Set to None, as explained in tool
> tip from my screenshot.

I had no idea there were other parameters than the usual quality slider.
Thanks for the information, but I don't know what I'm going to do with it!
:D

Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
Retrouvez mon portfolio et mes activités dans ma galerie