[Digikam-users] Color managed print in Digikam and ubuntu

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sun Jan 19 11:55:37 GMT 2014

Hi,

I've recently bough an Epson R3000 printer, and I test printing from
Digikam on Ubuntu 13.04 64bits.

Compared to another print made with Capture NX 2 on Windows, the result is
pretty similar. I feel Digikam result slightly better, but may be it's due
to different paper type (both Canson infinity premium photo paper, but
first HighGloss RC 315g/m² and  second, PhotoGloss RC 270 g/m²).

My first question is : does all printing way in Digikam use color
management ?

I see 3 ways to print, from browser, in "Image" (or Picture ? I have it in
french) menu,  with "Print wizard" or "Print images", and from editor with
"Print image" which don't has exactly the same options than the browser
one.

The only way offers me to use color management is the editor one. So, I
would like to know if browser tool for printing are using by default color
management set in Digikam setting, or not. And if not, I think it could be
a nice think to do.

About soft proofing in browser, I activate the option to get it, but
there's no way (or I miss something) to activate/unactivate it like in
editor. And it could be nice too, to easily switch soft proofing option,
without having to go in Digikam whole settings.

The last things is in editor printing tool, I don't see any preview which
give me an idea of the final appearance.

If some of other user printing on Linux, I appreciate too if you have some
tips about that.

Regards

Nicolas

--