[Digikam-users] Having trouble getting raw decoded images to match my camera

Mateo1041 matt at postzero.com
Sun Jan 19 03:24:55 GMT 2014

Hi,

I've been using digiKam for a while now and love it, but have always had
trouble getting my imported photos to match the previews.  I also haven 't
been able to load my camera's color profile, if that'd be the culprit.  Any
advice?  I'm almost hesitant to shoot in raw.

My camera is a Sony SLT A55V, if that helps.  Current import settings are:

16 bits color depth
Quality: Bilinear
White balance method: Camera
Highlights: Solid white
Exposure correction: Yes
Shift: 3.00
Highlight: Usually 1.00
Correct false colors in highlights: Yes
Corrections and noise reduction: No
Color management: Camera profile: None
Workspace: sRGB

Version of digiKam is 3.1.0.
KDE platform is 4.10.5.

At one point I was doing Auto Brightness set to yes because my images were
importing so dark, but that wasn't very consistent as some photos were still
way off.

Thanks,
- Matt