[Digikam-users] digiKam Software Collection 4.0.0 beta 2 is out...

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Sat Jan 18 18:38:18 GMT 2014

Hi Jim,

On 17.01.2014 19:46, Jim Dory wrote:
> So when you say "enable debug settings in make.conf", I've put splitdebug
> in FEATURES based on
> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Backtraces

By "enabling debug settings in make.conf", I do:
  Add "-ggdb" to "CFLAGS"
  and add "splitdebug" to "FEATURES"

> and rebuilt sqlite-3.8.2. But perhaps I also need the debug USE flag for
> sqlite and others for this to work. I found the explanation of the USE flag
> a bit confusing on that link above - seems they were suggesting it wasn't
> for this purpose. Nevertheless, no harm in trying.  /jim

"equery uses sqlite" says:
> debug : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output. If you
>         want to get meaningful backtraces see
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml

So I guess, the "debug"-useflag is not necessary for
backtrace. But as you say: I guess, it won't harm either. ;)

On the other hand:
There is a general rule: Changing compile options will
change the binary produced. So an error being present with
normal compile options, _might_ disappear with debug settings.

Regards,
	Peter Albrecht